Thursday, September 16, 2010

Milestones

So, two of my best friends are getting married on Saturday.  I've been scrambling to get things ready - do I have earrings I can wear?  Where are my shoes?  Do I have my toast prepared?  That last part has been the biggest hurdle.  After using Wil as a sounding board, I managed to pull out something semi-brilliant - or at least I hope so.  In the toast, I refer to a tradition Nate and I have had for several years.  We would uncork a bottle of wine on the beach or sit in the moonlight at Gudgeonville Bridge and ask three questions of each other: 

1) What were you doing this time last year? 
2) At this time last year, where did you think you would be right now?  and
3) Where do you think you’ll be this time next year?


We were always surprised by the answers.  So, where was I last year at this time?  I think, I was dating Wil, commuting back and forth between Pittsburgh and Cleveland, hoping really hard that Wil would get his transfer, and being generally grumpy about getting jipped out of any sort of summer weather.  I thought at this point we'd be living in Lordstown, Ohio, halfway between the two cities, and commuting in the miserable winter weather.  Fantastically though, the fates worked in our favor, and Wil did get his transfer.  We're living in the North Hills, which is where I've always wanted to live in terms of Pittsburgh neighborhoods.  And I'm now looking forward to a cozy fabulous fall/winter season.  This time next year?  Look for me to be a Mrs.! 


So what are your answers?  Post away!

2 comments:

  1. This time last year we were just returning from a nice trip to a friends wedding in Wisconsin, which is a beautifull area btw. I didn't have much hope for this year beyond where i was, but i was pleasently suprised in holding a new job now! Next year i hope to be taking classes at Edinboro university and working towards an Accounting degree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This time last year I was also miserably accepting of the fact that vacation at the marvelous beach was over and that Fall and hence Winter were upon us. However, last year I was not anticipating the snow we were surprised with like I am this year. Oh, and last year I was not preparing for wedding like I am this year. :)

    ReplyDelete