Saturday, September 11, 2010

Bring on Autumn!

So typically I view fall weather with a mixture of trepidation and despair.  And frankly, there's a little bit of that this year.  But for some reason, that crisp edge that has been creeping into the air has been seducing me into the Autum Spirit.  I smile at the sight of Halloween and harvest decor and I have been seriously craving some butternut squash soup.  (I found a great recipe - if it pans out, I'll let you know.)  The other night I ordered some evening tea at my favorite local coffeeshop.  Tea for me is solely a fall and winter endeavor.  It's a big step for me to order tea.  I've officially stepped away from summer denial, and now have my feet firmly planted in the realm of Autumn.  I'm practically giddy.  Time to dig out the cute hats and jackets! 

2 comments:

  1. I've always enjoyed fall/autumn. It's a time for reflection and change. People always talk about New Year's resolutions, but I think everyone starts thinking about said changes iun the fall time and the New Year is just and excuse to finally take action. Along with warmer beverages, it's time to start making the heartier foods that fills you up and warms you to the bone. Chili is always an early fall favorite and then into the thicker stews of the season. I have always loved living in this part of the country as we get to truly experience and enjoy every season that nature has to offer.
    I guess I'll have to go get a cute hat ...Nicole will be thrilled :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I dread fall because I like SUN and HEAT, I must admit that bringing back the comfort foods, the ones that are too "hot" to eat in summer, including some great soups, IS a good thing.

    ReplyDelete