Sunday, September 26, 2010

Harvest Trail

So, after over a week of sinus misery, I'm feeling much more myself.  Wil and I took a winding road through the Allegheny Forest this weekend.  Along the way we saw some beautiful leaves and stopped for some fantastic produce. 
We got the grapes.  Not quite the caliber of North East grapes, but still delicious.  We wound our way through Edinboro, PA and stopped to revisit an old haunt.  I love this place.  It always felt sacred and powerful to me.

The air was brisk, and we could hear a highland festival playing in the background.  To be standing in that same spot after so many years had passed... it was just as magical as I remembered. 

2 comments:

  1. Now see, that's what I'm talking about be good at a particular medium of expression. I almost felt like I got to go along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the first time in several years I am not going to be in the Erie area to get Concord grapes. I bought some at Giant Eagle that came from Michigan. First batch was almost perfect. Next batch, not so much. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete