Sunday, September 12, 2010

ANTM Cycle 15

America’s Next Top Model is back with a new makeover. No more over-the-top gimmicky intro involving silver spandex and a time portal. No more Seventeen Magazine. This show is finally starting to clean up its act a little and make at least a shot at high fashion. In fact, the winner of this cycle will receive the standard CoverGirl Contract, a contract with IMG models, AND will be featured in two spreads of Vogue Italia and have a cover/feature in Beauty in Vogue. Tyra’s little girls have graduated!

For all of this much-needed progress, the first episode (sans lame theme) was pretty much the typical ANTM shtick. There was some diary-reading involving a racist comment. A girl was booted for “not really wanting to be here”. However, I will say that when booze was poured, there was no visible drunkenness, which is a serious departure. Before you begin to the think the world has been turned completely upside down, let me assuage some of your fears – the show is still completely all about Tyra. We saw childhood pictures, and saw modern Tyra pose in a school-girl outfit as she lamented about how she had to take a (gasp) bus to her high school go-sees.

Even though we can’t expect miracles, I am optimistic about the new cycle. There’s a really good crop of girls too!

ANAMARIA
Age: 19
Hometown: Queens, New York
Occupation: Unemployed
Height: 5'10"

She’s cute. One of my faves. I really think this cycle will be battle of the blondes.

ANN
Age: 19
Hometown: Dallas, Texas
Height: 6'2"

Ah, “the awkward girl” with no experience and a limiting physical condition (being skinny). I don’t know how much talent is there – hope she’s a fast learner.

CHELSEY
Age: 22
Hometown: Boise, Idaho
Height: 5'10 ¾"

Another one of my favorite blondes. I think she’s the chick with the freckles.

CHRIS
Age: 20
Hometown: Arlington, Texas
Height: 5'10 ½"

One of two sisters. I think this is the one who did the photo shoot in the suit? If so, I think she’s one to watch.

ESTHER
Age: 18
Hometown: Boston, Massachusetts
Height: 5'9"

This chick has the biggest chest in the world. A G cup. Woah. And she’s Orthodox Jew (who is willing to put that aside for ATMN?). Hmm… and with all that to distinguish her, her look wasn't all that memorable.

JANE
Age: 19
Hometown: Baltimore, Maryland
Height: 5'9"

Wow, is this girl forgettable. She has a super-square jaw and she kind of reminds me of a chipmunk.

KACEY
Age: 20
Hometown: Palmdale, California
Height: 5'9"

Kacey Kacey. Kacey is a previous cycle reject, and is already stirring up the drama. Unless something changes pretty quickly, this should be another short run.

KAYLA
Age: 19
Hometown: Rockford, Illinois
Height: 5'9"

Cute as a button! I’m loving these blondes. She came in with ALARMING hair – Dolly Parton has nothing on the big curly hair this girl had. Thankfully, she was sent out of the room and had that immediately fixed. Thank you, Tyra. That was painful to see.

KENDAL
Age: 23
Hometown: Northport, Alabama
Height: 5'11"

Yeah, I don’t remember this girl at all.

LEXIE
Age: 18
Hometown: Geneva, Illinois
Height: 6'

Well, she’s a blonde, so you know what I’m going to say! Adorable!! Seriously, I don’t understand. I usually can’t stand the blondes.

LIZ
Age: 21
Hometown: Arlington, Texas
Height: 5'10"

Oh, Strong Jaw Masculine Girl. Like a moth to the flame, Tyra is drawn to you, but things just never seems to end well in the end.

RHIANNA
Age: 20
Hometown: San Diego, California
Height: 6'1 ½"

I HEART Rhianna! She’s my favorite so far. Really really needs to lose the hat, but I think she has this adorable smile.

SARA
Age: 21
Hometown: Menifee, California
Height: 5'10"

She’s a blonde, so you know what I’ll say right? WRONG! Blonde Sara – fail. Not a fan.

TERRA
Age: 24
Hometown: Arlington, Texas
Height: 5'8 ½"

This is Chris’s sister. I believe this is the more bubbly and angular of the two. She’s a little overwhelming to me.


Well, that’s the first impression breakdown. Needless to say, I’m excited to see how the cycle will go.

Bios taken from: http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/08/19/americas-next-top-model-cycle-15-meet-the-contestants/ (photos can also be found there)

No comments:

Post a Comment