Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Gathering

I successfully grew tomatoes!  Only four grape tomatoes, but even so - it's a small step for agriculture but a big step for Stacey. 



I battled against the heat and overexposure of that sunroom all summer and somehow came out the victor.  Of course my agricultural prowess is dwarfed, by the Master Farmers:


Is that the most perfect eggplant you've ever seen or what?


Needless to say, it's been a deliciously yummy fall so far.  If only I knew how to jar and preserve.  I guess there's always next fall.

1 comment:

  1. Well you did MUCH better than your old mother! I tried for the second year to grow tomatoes in one of those upside down things and when the plant died again I threw it in the dumpster. I also tried to grow strawberries in a hanging planter that I bought already planted and growing. Nope, something happened to them, too. I actually heard that maybe the deer got the few that grew but I got mad and threw THAT in the dumpster, too! So your four tomatoes are way more than what we got! CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete